Job Title:IT technical support & network administrator
Reporting to:Group IT Manager
Objective:IT technical support officers maintain the computer systems of large organizations, ensuring that they run smoothly and providing technical support and advice to computer users.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Installing and configuring computer hardware operating systems and applications.
- Monitoring and maintaining computer systems.
- Talking staff or clients through a series of actions, either face to face or over the telephone to help set up systems or resolve issues.
- Troubleshooting system and network problems and diagnosing and solving hardware or software faults.
- Replacing parts as required.
- Providing support, including procedural documentation and relevant reports.
- Setting up new users' accounts and profiles and dealing with password issues.
- Working continuously on a task until completion (or referral to third parties, if appropriate).
- Conducting electrical safety checks on computer equipment.
- Monitor networks to ensure security and availability to specific users.
- Install and maintain network hardware and software.
- Ensure network connectivity throughout a company's LAN/WAN infrastructure is on par with technical considerations.
- Administer desktop computers, printers, switches, phones, personal digital assistants, software deployment, security updates.
- Protects organization's value by keeping information confidential.
- Install, Monitoring and maintain camera’s.
- Configure and troubleshoot email (outlook) for users.
- Take ownership of customer issues reported and see problems through to resolution
- Follow standard procedures for proper escalation of unresolved issues to the appropriate internal teams
- Ensure proper recording and closure of all issues
- Prepare accurate and timely reports
- Document knowledge in the form of knowledge base tech notes and articles
Knowledge & Experience
- Knowledge of basic computer hardware.
- Experience with desktop operating systems including Windows XP, Ubuntu Linux, and Mac OS X
- Extensive application support experience.
- Working knowledge of a range of diagnostic utilities.
- Good understanding of the organization's goals and objectives.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, with a focus on rapport-building, listening, and questioning skills.
- Strong documentation skills.
Interested candidates send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org